Construction is largely a male dominated industry but big shifts are on the way to break gender stereotypes. Diverse opportunies are now available to women in the Construction Industry and WIC is here to share that message.
WIC (Women in Construction) was formed in 2012 by a group of female leaders with the goal to raise awareness and promote women in construction. This committee is inspriring positive change to face of the Construction Industry by offering mentorship and networking events.
"According to the Labour Force Survey, the gender breakdown in the Alberta Construction industry in 2017 was as follows:
Meet Nicole Allard, Women in Construction committee member:
1. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
Someone sent me a link on an all meat diet.
2. What’s the most awkward thing that happens to you on a regular basis?
Tripping on the dog!
3. If your job gave you a surprise 3 day paid brake for R & R, what would you do with those 3 days?
I would either get away to the mountain for hiking or finish my taxes!
4. What social stigma does society need to get over?
That you create what you want in life – no one owes you anything.
5. If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be?
Learn more at their next event! (Details Here)